STRONG AND SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- All children in Atlanta deserve safe schools and great teachers.
- I will continue to fight for our District 2 schools to have access to our equitable share of resources. It is not acceptable for a child’s address to dictate the quality of their education.
CHILDREN AND TEACHERS FIRST
- I promise to continue to be an effective advocate and have the courage to always choose families and teachers over politics.
- Over 80% of our children are not on grade level for reading and math. There is a 59% performance gap between our white and black students. APS must do better and educate ALL of our children.
DIRECT AND FREQUENT COMMUNICATION
- I am committed to increasing parent and community participation.
- I will continue to ensure the community voice is heard and valued by our principals and the APS Superintendent. I promise to remain accessible through school visits, office hours held around the district, and neighborhood meetings.